10. Starbucks: American coffee company and coffeehouse chain founded in Seattle, Washington in 1971.
9. Dunkin' Donuts: American multinational coffeehouse and donut company founded in 1950.
8. McDonald's: American fast food company and one of the largest coffee chains in the world.
7. Peet's Coffee: American specialty coffee roaster and retailer, founded in 1966.
6. Caribou Coffee: American coffeehouse chain founded in 1992.
5. Tim Hortons: Canadian multinational fast food restaurant founded in 1964.
4. Folgers: American coffee brand, a division of The J.M. Smucker Company.
3. Nescafe: Swiss instant coffee brand, part of the Nestlé group.
2. Lavazza: Italian coffee roasting company, established in 1895.
1. Green Mountain Coffee: American specialty coffee roaster and retailer, a subsidiary of Keurig Dr Pepper.
A mainstay of American society, coffee has a long history that dates back to the colonial era. The coffee industry in the United States is diversified now, with both big chain coffee shops and independent specialty coffee shops competing for customers.